@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

For the last few years I've been pretty fortunate in being able to buy pretty much anything I've wanted- I'm not talking about shopping for $1,000 dresses but within reason I could buy what I liked. This has suddenly had to stop and it's a very strange feeling knowing that I will probably be unable to buy a single thing for over a year or so. I'm going to have to sell most of my rather over-stuffed closet, but I'm hoping that this will be liberating rather than suffocating. It's easy to hide behind one's clothes and, for me, I definitely hid behind the fact that I have more clothes than anyone else I know- it was something that singled me out from everyone else. I'm hoping this self-imposed exile from all that is new and currently in stores will be a good thing for my style (and my bank balance). When I look through my racks of clothes I'm struck by how many beautiful items I own that I've never worn because they've never fit me well- I have hundreds that all need serious alterations to work. It's kinda crazy how much I have that I no longer have the money to fix (not like I took the opportunity when I had the money).

I'm moving from my 2 bedroom apartment, where I made one bedroom into a closet, into my boyfriend's place where there's no way I'll be able to have it all. So, I'm selling off Matthew Williamson's, Miu Miu's, Lover's, Jill Stuart's, PPQ's, Jean Muir's, Ossie Clark's and a load of other vintage and new designers. Let me know if you're interested- it's all going on Ebay soon...

Labels: