@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Academy Awards 2009

Being a bit of an award ceremony obsessive, I was really disappointed with the Academy Awards last night. It was by far the most boring of all of the ceremonies this season, and I absolutely hated the changes they made- having past winners come on to talk about the nominees might have seemed a cute idea, but it took to long and it prevented viewers from really seeing enough clips of the nominated movies. I'm glad, at least, that I had good friends, food and drinks around me to take the edge off my annoyance and boredom with the whole event. Delicious gluten and dairy free red velvet cupcakes were a good distraction when the worst and most pointless musical number in years was on- Beyonce, Mamma Mia and High School Musical? Really?

Most of the dresses were just as boring as the ceremony- it was really rather a wash out.

My absolute favourite dress from the night- Christian Dior Fall 2008 couture. I posted this dress before at the time of the show, and I still think it is so gorgeous.


Another gown from the Christian Dior Fall 2008 couture collection- this one was heavily modified, but I love the modifications that were made. It looked awkward around her chest and she is maybe a little old for it, but this celadon tulle confection is just about the prettiest dress I can think of. I love that she just kind of went for it- when ever else are you going to be able to wear a gown like this (other than for a wedding)?


The amount of work that must have gone into Marisa Tomei's Atelier Versace Fall 2008 gown is incredible. Usually I am not a fan of sculptural origami-esque pleats but this is so soft and enchanting that I can't help but love it.


This colour might not be for everyone, but it's one of my favourites- a bright pink with just a touch of lilac. Combine that with gorgeous pleating and just enough beading and Natalie Portman's Rodarte gown is perfect (her make up is not though).


Tina Fey looks her best ever here- this Zac Posen gown is flawless.


I just love them both which is why I've included them- I wish she was still acting! Eternally youthful, Phoebe Cates looks stunning in this red Poiret-esque gown.


This was my boyfriend's favourite dress of the evening, and I do have to admit that she looks beautiful. Anne Hathaway's Armani Privé Spring 2009 gown fitted her gorgeously and she seemed to glide down the red carpet in it. So much better than that Valentino monstrosity of 2007.


I can't post without talking about Madonna- she looks absolutely stunning at the Vanity Fair party. Her hair is a perfect shade of blonde, her face looks great, her arms are amazing (minus the crazy vein), and her dress is beautiful- it's Christian Dior spring 2009 and the combination of the sequins and sheer suits her perfectly.

Labels: , , , , ,