@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Cottage for Two

Photobucket
Ever since I saw this article and slideshow on the NY Times website last week it has been pretty much the only thing I can think about. Tapping exactly into my dreams, this article discusses one young Brooklyn couple's purchase and renovation of a small cottage in the Catskills. My boyfriend and I have been up to the Catskills several times together and actually had probably the most important weekend of our relationship there so we've spoken often of our desire to get a little house up there. We've spent many hours looking at house listings but I've never seen anything quite as a adorable as the cottage in this article, which was purchased by Christina Salway and John Moskowitz for $95,000. After living in NYC for so long that seems like an absolute steal, especially when you add in the fact that they renovated and furnished the house for only $10,000 more. Ms. Salway is an interior decorator, which is easily apparent in her ingenious use of colour and different styles. Most of the house is accented with my favourite colour, mint green, and even though I love her use of avocado for the fridge and the stairway it isn't what I would personally choose. Overall, though, I find the cottage to be decorated in a simply gorgeous and comfortable style- inviting and homey with a perfect balance of nostalgia and modernism.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Seeing this cottage has made me even more eager to find a place upstate- I've told my boyfriend that we need to find one within the next two years, but preferably within the next. As much as I love the city, sometimes you just need a proper escape from everything- and this cottage seems like the ultimate place to hide from the world in. What is your dream second home?

Labels: , ,