@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Jean Louis Scherrer Haute Couture

I religiously follow the blog for Decades, the famous vintage couture store in LA- even though I could never ever afford their prices, they always have the most amazing pieces that are in immaculate condition which they update daily. Cameron Silver, the owner, really started the trend of celebrities wearing vintage and is definitely one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met about fashion history. If you love vintage you should definitely take a look at the blog to see some of the best of the best, and to often see items right before you see them on the red carpet.

The other day they had this rather gorgeous, 40s inspired late 1970s Jean Louis Scherrer Haute Couture evening dress. I immediately recognized it from an image I'd seen while doing some photo research for my work the day before- I went back and found it, so here is a photo from 1980, at a Pierre Cardin retrospective, of Patricia Kennedy Lawford wearing it while talking to the ultimate social x-ray, Nan Kempner. Decades styled it with the buttons to the back, but I actually rather prefer it how it was originally shown with the buttons to the front as the cummerbund seems to sit better.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Labels: , , , ,