@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

And the summer became the fall

Back in New York now and completely overwhelmed with the amount of work I need to do this weekend. I'm having trouble focusing on writing some of the blog posts I've been planning, so I thought I would post some photos from my trip down South. I brought both my medium and large format cameras down with me so these are a few of the polaroids I took with them.

Photobucket
I've shot my grandfather's house in Rome, Georgia before, but this was the first time I had the opportunity to shoot the second floor. I re-shot the ground floor also, but I tried to shoot the rooms from different angles and with a slightly different eye.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After spending a few days in Rome and then two in Atlanta, we drove up to the Smoky Mountains to my family's farm near Franklin, North Carolina.

Photobucket

I hadn't been back to the farm for seventeen years, but it was still the most beautiful place in the world. The outside of my great-grandmother's cottage is falling apart as it hasn't been lived in for over ten years, but the inside is still in pretty perfect condition. This hundred year old house has pine paneling in every room, and would be the perfect place to escape. Hopefully we can get the outside fixed up and water restored so I can spend more time down there, as I found everything about it so inspiring.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Labels: , , , ,