@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Memories fade like the wind

More than ever, I seem to be attracted to a certain looseness in clothing- in both a laxity of "morals," as I'm wearing vintage lingerie as outerwear more than ever, and also in tailoring. The elegantly louche suits of Hannah MacGibbon for Chloe and Dries Van Noten have me wishing that trousers suited me, even though I haven't owned a pair in seven years. This boudoir themed editorial from the October issue of Marie Clair Italia, by David Bellemére, perfectly tunes into the look I've been cultivating lately. Since I'm bypassing the trouser suits, I've been dressing myself in loose blouses, long skirts, calf-length dresses and lots of muted tones. This look is definitely a modern re-spinning of the Seventies styles I adore with a splash of modern sequins and antique lace. The softly curled Edwardian inspired hair and subdued tones make for a coquettishly elegant spread.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And a few other things...
Cherie, of Shrimpton Couture, asked me recently to write some guest posts for her blog so I put up the first tonight- please check it out and, while you're there, check out her stunning selection of vintage.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my hair to look like this? I know this doesn't make much sense following the editorial above, as I've definitely been using Anne of Green Gables as my hair inspiration recently, but I've always been interested in getting my hair as big as possible.
Photobucket

Labels: , , , , ,