@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

She says rock and roll ballerina

Photobucket
Some editorials are just too good not to post, even years after they came out. This editorial starring Chloe Sevigny and styled by the incredibly stylish Bay Garnett, from a 2005 issue of British Vogue, is one such story. I've never been enthralled by Chloe, though I do appreciate her independent fashion choices and always find her the best dressed on the red carpet, but I think that the looks Bay put together for her make her look her best ever. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she has a perfect body and that her hair has been styled in the tumble of curls that I lust for every day- for another great editorial wear she rocks a perfect seventies perm look at this post on Chromium Dumb Belle. All these looks seem to take looks that Chloe has played with in her regular life- high waisted jeans, denim vests and tube tops- and re-spun them in the most high octane, glitzy way possible.

Photobucket

As a longtime fan of Cheap Date, the magazine Bay founded with Kira Jolliffe, I have pretty much had a girl crush on Bay since I was teenager- nobody at my school might have understood my passion for old clothes, but when I looked through those black and white pages I knew that I had kindred spirits somewhere out there. It seems to me that everything she touches turns to gold as every editorial I've seen her style has had that perfect elusive mix of high and low, glamour and trash. Sexy and 70s, Chloe and Bay make an unbeatable team.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , ,