@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

In Search of the Perfect Pink

Photobucket

"In Search of the Perfect Pink" by Ellen von Unwerth for Vogue UK, March 1991.

The last couple days here in New York have been positively Arctic with temperatures reaching a low of 0°F (-17.8 C). Walking home from the subway, when the skin on my fingers froze to the cashmere lining of my gloves, all I could think about was just a little more warmth- not even hot weather, just anything above 50°F would be amazing. And with warmer weather come brighter colours- other than some of my 1980s Betsey Johnson sweater dresses my daily wardrobe has been exclusively black lately, as I pile layer after layer on. Ideally right now I would swanning around the city in one of these fab pink outfits- while pink never seems to be the colour of the season (except for the occasional story that quotes Vreeland's famous dictum about it), it is universally flattering and the pieces photographed here, that run the gamut from baby to pepto to fuchsia, show the huge variety of shades it can come in. The sugary sweet colours are the perfect foil for the sex kitten hair, smoky eyes and matte lips. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels: , , , , ,