@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Vacationing...

I got back last week from a three week trip to Europe- after a very brief visit with my grandmother and cousins in Geneva, I spent 10 days with my parents in Florence and then 10 days in London. Even though it was the longest trip I have taken in eight years, it all seemed rather a whirlwind. Below are an assortment of images I took on my iPhone while I was away, of anything I found beautiful or interesting.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Row 1: The Arno a little outside Florence, a succulent filled wheelbarrow in the Palazzo Vecchio, Goncharova's backcloth for The Firebird from 1926, reading material, Belle.
Row 2: Floris Neusüss photogram, me in a vintage Thea Porter tunic on Christmas, tiny tangerines at Caroline's, my friend's parent's amazing dining room, Paul McCartney and a 16 year old groupie from a 1960s Daily Mirror.
Row 3: Poinsettia tree at the Palazzo Vecchio, my parent's Christmas tree, poster from an Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition in 1977 in the V & A's reading room, gorgeous Chinese robes at the Imperial Chinese Robes from the Forbidden City exhibition, Susan Derges' Arch 4 (summer).
Row 4: Lobby at the Number 16 hotel, cupcake ornament, the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, library at my friend's parent's house, my parent's bedroom in Florence.
Row 5: Kitty!, Dante's death mask, Adam Fuss' Christening Dress, Puss 'n' Boots, invitation of a Thea Porter couture show in the early 70s.
Row 6: 1960s Christian Dior couture gown with matching feather boa, amazing King Penguin ornament, Ballet Russes costume, trying on Miu Miu a/w 2010 at the outlet outside Florence, LV resort ad.
Row 7: Salone dei Cinquecento, old lock on the Arno, playroom, Garry Fabian Miller camera-less print, Queen's park at twilight.
Row 8: Another playroom, Kiki and I (in vintage Versace couture) on New Year's Eve, one of my mother's angels, Belle, close-up of Susan Derges' Eden 5.
Row 9: YSL Bakst-inspired outfits, Pierre Cordier chemigram, Miu Miu a/w 2010 shoes, lovely building in West Hampstead, painted ceiling in the Palazzo Vecchio.
Row 10: Front hall in my parent's flat, The French Manager from Parade designed by Picasso, amazing 70s fashion editorial, a family of Murano glass penguins at Alfie's Antiques Market in London, toys from the Eduardo Paolozzi's Krazy Kat Arkive of Twentieth Century Popular Culture in Blythe House.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,