@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

An American Holiday


Photobucket

Photobucket

Holiday Inn ads, from Vogue, January 1965.

The imminent long Independence Day weekend here in the United States always seems to break everyone out of the inertia of early summer with a sudden and overwhelming desire to travel, to get out and enjoy the country. While I won't be traveling far- just to upstate New York- it seems to be a wish bred deep in the DNA of our nation, and one that comes with the necessary supplementation of a hot dog and an icy cold Coke. I'm devoting all of next week to editorials that celebrate one of my homelands (I guess I will have to do the same for England at some point too...).

What is everyone up to this holiday weekend?

Labels: , , , , ,