@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Beauty Babe: Angel Face

Vogue says: to be pretty, you must be natural. angel face is for girls who agree - girls like Sian Houston.

Photobucket

Actress in an actor's family, twenty-one year old Sian Houston is a Celtic beauty- white skin, green eyes spotted with tan, a classic aquiline profile set in yards of curling Titian hair. She'd rather wear no make-up than too much.

Photobucket

Sian Houston talking about natural make-up in the country: "Weekends in the country, I hate to wear anything on my face - just clean and fresh and not too pale... a smudge of blusher, a lick of fresh-looking lipstick by angel face."

Photobucket

Walking the dog, going riding, playing tennis, just sitting by the door thinking about it, weekend at the cottage in Sussex mean peace for Sian: "I'm happiest in the country: I like the pace of life better. I feel prettier too, fresher and softer." Wide awake at even in the morning, skin mashed and moisturized, she wears a little colour...

Photobucket

"After giving my skin a rest all day I change, make my face up, try and look well cared for in the evening - but naturally, with angel face."

Photobucket

Sian, made up and dressed for dinner and still looking perfectly natural by evening sunlight or electric light...

Photobucket

Sian Houston talking about natural make-up in the city: "When I'm rehearsing, make-up gives me confidence. I know I'm looking good and it lets me concentrate. angel face works for me when I'm working.

Photobucket

Sian, rehearsing at the Arts Theatre, where she's worked for six months. Now she's going to Paris to work... "My own make-up is completely different from stage make-up, but even so I like to wear colours that have a bit more shadow in them, to emphasize the structure and outline of my face from a distance. The great thing about angel face is it looks soft and light close up too."

Photobucket

"When we go out in the evening I want to look as beautiful as I can - but under the hard lights of restaurants you've got to wear make-up that lets you be yourself, even from the next seat... angel face can do that for you too."

Photobucket

Sian having supper at Mr. Chow's in make-up that's no heavier than usual, but has a little more colour to it. Sian's black dress with the deep square neck, by Gina Fratini; her necklace of gold watch faces, from the Purple Shop.

Photos by Barry Lategan. Ads scanned from Vogue UK, November 1972.

Labels: , , , , , , ,