Wednesday, 12 October 2011

The Party Where It's At

Photobucket

Kahniverous dress photographed by Terence Donovan for Vogue UK, December 1984.

I've been meaning to post this image for awhile- I randomly found it last fall, just after I had purchased a version of this same dress from the lovely Miss Peelpants. I wore my long-sleeved version, which has black ostrich feathers instead of maribou, to a dinner party and the Stella McCartney afterparty in Paris the other night and it was quite the hit. Now I am desperate for more of Jane Kahn's designs.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Miss Peelpants said...

You look phenomenal!!

I bought another a while ago, which has black lace instead of the feathers, and lacing down the back (d-ring-tastic!). I really wanted one for myself, and it works much better on me than the feathers (which was clearly designed for you!!).

She's an incredible designer. I count her, Sarah Whitworth and Symphony of Shadows amongst the best of the Eighties. Better than Paris or New York, or even most of London! xx

Frocktasia said...

YOWZA that is a truly stunning dress, you look amazing! x

Anna said...

stunning!

Crystal Lee said...

love your sophisticated & unique style!

Related Posts with Thumbnails