@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Happy Birthday, Elvis!

Today would have been Elvis' 77th birthday and as a long obsessive (I had a 6' cardboard cut-out of him in the gold lame suit in my bedroom growing up!) it seems a worthwhile occasion to share some of my favourite songs of his.

Everything about this song, and this clip, makes me immeasurably happy.


Most beautiful version of the most beautiful song- I love this so much that I had it as my entrance music when I had my cotillion. Try not to cry when you hear this, i dare you!


A really good sparkly suit.





And one of my favourite photos of him- Elvis dressing Muhammed Ali up in one of the iconic jewelled robes...

Photobucket
Muhammed Ali and Elvis Presley, photographed by Gary Winogrand, c. 1970.

Labels: , , , , , ,