@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Lover's Untitled

My passion for Lover is well documented on this blog, and while I usually try to not repeat myself, their collections keep getting better and better. Last week they posted their new lookbooks for their collection, Untitled, on their website. Since they are based in Sydney, they have separate collections for the Southern and Northern hemispheres. As always happens with things like this, I am more in love with the Southern hemisphere's collection, but there is more than enough to love in both.

Northern Hemisphere:
Photobucket
I'm not a trouser wearer (ever), but a chic jumpsuit I can get behind- and it really doesn't get any chicer than this kimono style jumpsuit. The dress version on the right looks like it would be a perfect addition to any wardrobe- easy to throw on and very flattering. The gray jacket, with its slight puffed shoulders and lack of ornament, is so simple yet so elegant.

Photobucket
The jacket on the left is the longer version of the gray one above and is one of my absolute favourite pieces of this collection. Lover have made trenches before (I almost bought a turquoise one years ago) but this one is appealing for its wry take on the classic .

Southern Hemisphere:
Photobucket
Hands down the best dress in either collection. I can't make up my mind about which dress is more desirable as both are stunning in different ways. I wish I had the cream one right now to wear to a wedding in two weeks- isn't it just the most feminine and delicate thing you've ever seen?

Photobucket
Three adorable outfits. I am not a shorts wearer, but if I was I would wear the centre outfit in a hearbeat.

Photobucket
They better make the centre blouse for the Northern hemisphere (please do!).

Photobucket
This is their first time producing lingerie, and I'm sure you will agree with me that it is is quite a success. I have some turtlenecks and leggings made from this same knit lace, and they are indispensable for me during the winter. I love how they have taken this rather thick fabric and formed it into sexy little nothings that look snug and comfortable.

Photobucket
Every season Lover's swimwear is the most appealing on the market- sweet without any of the trashiness so prevalent. The swimsuits on the left and right are flattering and sleek, yet sweet. I'm not sure if the piece in the middle is a swimsuit, but I would totally wear it as one- an updated take on the old woolen ones of yore.

I've had the honor of meeting and hanging out with Susien and Nic, and they are just as cool as you would expect from their clothes. We spoke awhile about the continual search for new inspiration, and I have to admit that one of my favourite things about their designs is that their exact inspirations are so hard to trace- they merge so many different ideas into their designs and then simplify them so that each piece seems completely classic yet new. I find designers who copy antique clothes or pieces worn by style icons line for line lacking in any true artistry, more stylist than designer. While Lover's pieces aren't creative on the level of an Alexander McQueen gown, they are highly creative in the sense that they are designed for maximum prettiness with maximum comfort- what could be better?

Labels: , , , ,